The TEFL Institute of Ireland
30 Hour Home Tutor Course
Why take the 30 Hour Home Tutor Course?
Having the Home Tutor Course will allow you the flexibility to work in the comfort of your own home, where and when you want.
The fully accredited course will qualify you as a competent, qualified tutor.
On completion, you will have the ability to tailor each tutor session to your students’ abilities.Each tutoring session is different, and showing your adaptability will guarantee your skills and talents as an effective tutor shine.
You will come into contact with a variety of students throughout your tutoring career. Whether teaching online high school or college level students or working directly with a struggling reader in fourth grade, you have to do your homework, in order to help your students do theirs.
You will tutor your students in the four pillars of communication.
Teach on your own terms through online and home tutoring. This course will assist you in addressing a class as well as in a one to one session. The opportunities are endless.
What you get with the 30 Hour Home Tutor Course
- Fully accredited training.
- Personal tutor support.
- Internationally recognized certificate.
- Expert job hunting advice.
6 Months Study
Use on any device
Certificate of completion
While Studying the 30 Hour Home Tutor Course
You will have 24-hour online access to the program, allowing you to learn when and where suits you while gaining a lifetime qualification.
Because of our dedication to helping you succeed, our course support team will assist you along your educational journey to becoming TEFL certified.
Did we mention a 14-day money-back guarantee?
Online training has become the fastest growing resource for qualifications, and our TEFL training is no different.
The 24/7 access to the program means you can juggle work, family, university and the all-important social life.
The interactive program is structured using a combination of text, audio, and video, so there’s something to suit everyone.
Become an internationally recognized teacher with the TEFL Institute of Ireland and broaden your horizons.
- Module 1: Intro to TutoringBy the end of this module, you will:
- Introduction to tutoring in fun and creative ways for your students
- Learn about who seeks tutor services
- Learn how to prepare for your students’ unique skills and abilities
- Module 2: Becoming a Proficient TutBy the end of this module, you will:
- Get an in-depth understanding of building rapport and trust with students.
- Learn about catering to students with special needs or disabilities.
- Learn the various learning styles, each student is unique.
- You’ll take quizzes on each of the above topics.
- Module 3: Lesson Planning and ImplementationBy the end of this module, you will:
- Learn how to write engaging lesson plans
- Organize a tutoring session
- Generate ideas for your own tutoring sessions
- Complete Lesson Planning Quiz
- Complete Implementing a Tutoring Session Quiz
- Module 4: Giving Feedback and EncouragementBy the end of this module, you will:
- You’ll learn how to set boundaries and expectations for students to work independently.
- Learn how to teach the Think-Write-Evaluate method to help foster more independence.
- Learn to create reward and progress charts.
- You’ll learn to create opportunities for students to practice independent thinking and working as much as possible
- Module 5: AssessmentBy the end of this module, you will:
- Learn the difference between summative and formative assessments
- understand why it’s important to give both to measure student growth
- Learn who to use different elements of Bloom’s Taxonomy to target domains of knowledge
- learn how to ask effective questions using the Socratic method
- Practice creating formative and summative assessments
- Complete Formative and Summative Assessments Quiz
- Complete Bloom’s Taxonomy Quiz
- Complete Socratic Method Quiz
- Module 6: Self-Reflection and EvaluationBy the end of this module, you will:
- Think back on everything you’ve learned in this course
- Complete Post-Test Assessment
- Learn the importance of completing self-reflections and evaluations
- List your strengths and weaknesses as a tutor
- Complete Self-Reflection Quiz
- Complete Evaluation Quiz
- Be ready complete Course Certification
- Module 7: Becoming a Certified TutorBy the end of this module, you will:
- You’ll review previous modules, reading material, and practice assignments
- The certification test will comprise of questions from previous modules
TEFL INSTITUTE REVIEWS
I decided to take a gap year after I finished my Leaving Cert. After going through the entire course online and getting accredited to teach english abroad I had the best year of my life in Shanghai. The week was spent teaching and I was able to travel around and explore during the weekends. I’m looking forward to going abroad again once I’m finished college.
Getting accredited to teach english as a second language is one of the best things I have ever done! The entire online course was really easy to follow and I was able to get help whenever I wasn’t sure about anything. I’m planning to go abroad next year to put my newly found knowledge to use! Thanks for all the help guys!
I have just completed the 240hr TEFL package and can honestly say I am so glad I chose this package as having learnt so much about the IELTS teacher preparation certification. I can see why it is such an advantage in the TEFL jobs market.
I did an internship for three months in Beijing. It was great fun and I enjoyed my time there. My host family were exceptional and helped me out with any problems I had during my time staying there! The monthly allowance was enough to travel around with as everything is much cheaper over there than at home here. I’d love to go back again to visit but during the summer this time!
My first step into teaching was with this programme & exploration into my potential as a teacher of English. The course was very well laid out and easy to follow once I arrived in country the co-ordinators were brilliant & encouraging to Native Speakers & Polish Participants alike. It's an intense experience but one that I will definitely be looking to participate in again. Thank you for the opportunity to teach, touch, learn, share & give.
I am writing this review for the administration. They have been to quick to respond to all my questions and understanding of why I needed help.
I loved doing the TEFL course, especially the fact that I could complete it online as I mind two children and was constantly being interrupted but it was easy to go back over things if I didn’t fully understand. Ian was very helpful throughout the course and made sure all my questions were answered quickly and in detail. I can’t wait to put my new skills to the test in Spain this summer.
I really enjoyed my time abroad after getting accredited to teach english. As a frequent backpacker, this was a different experience as I got to stay in the one place for quite a length of time. I got to know lots of the locals and made tons of friends.
I was very happy with the course and its content. It’s very easy to work your way through it on the online platform. I’m not sure where I will go teaching yet but I’m excited that it’s now a very real possibility. Thanks for all the help.
My now husband and I met before when traveling around Southeast Asia a long time ago. After taking your course we both went back and started teaching english. We have been enjoying ourselves here ever since! I hope to take the more advanced course soon.
I completed an internship in Spain during my summer break in University. I couldn’t have done it without all the help from you guys and the lessons I learned on the course. The host family were really nice and I met up with other teachers who where in the area.
Really enjoyed taking the course, I feel much more confident in the classroom now.
Irelands Top Rated Provider of TEFL
ACDL Accreditation Council for Distance Learning
ACDL – Accreditation number: 2854-2540
The TEFL institute of Ireland is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Distance Learning (ACDL), an accreditation body which specialises in distance learning courses. Thus our accreditation by ACDL reflects the high quality distance learning offered by the TEFL institute.
To learn more, visit their website: ACDL
TQUK (Training Qualifications UK)
Approved center number: C000854
The TEFL Institute of Ireland is a fully approved training centre. All of our course materials have been externally and independently approved, endorsing our brand as one of high standards and excellence.
TQUK, an Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) regulated awarding body. To learn more about TQUK and their checks and standards, visit their website: TQUK
Ofqual (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation)
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England and vocational qualifications in Northern Ireland. To learn more about Ofqual or to verify TQUK’s status, visit their website: Ofqual
Why the TEFL Institute of Ireland?
Support & Guidance
At the TEFL institute we place our students at the forefront of our work. So we offer full support and guidance through training to launching our teachers into the TEFL industry. In fact, our staff are experts when it comes to providing information and advice as you move forward. Just consider us your TEFL guardians.
Quality and Experience
As leaders in the TEFL industry, our students benefit from training that has been developed over a number of years. What’s more, internationally recognised and accredited by ACDL, the quality of our courses will launch you into your TEFL career.
Enrolling on our best TEFL course the 240 Hour Master will give you the best value for your time and money. In fact, we know that each customer has different needs and expectations. Which is why we offer promotions and sales on all courses and internships throughout the year.