Teach English in Spain
Paid TEFL positions in Barcelona – now who wouldn’t like that?
The majority of TEFL jobs in Spain are located in private language schools and this one is no different. With this particular TEFL position, you could be located in either of two locations near Barcelona.
Our ever-popular 120 Hour Premier TEFL course is included as part of this TEFL package to give you a competitive edge with your training. Having a university degree isn’t essential (although it is an advantage), which means that this is a great opportunity for non-degree holders too.
Add a little Mediterranean flair to your repertoire teaching English in Spain. Bag a position in one of the most sought after destinations for TEFL teachers and with stunning blue skies, laid back lifestyle and high demand for English teachers – you would be mad to pass on all that potential that a TEFL job in Spain has to offer!
TEFL experience requirements
- Native English speaker or non-native possibility for B2 level and above.
- Applicants have to be European Union passport holders or have rights to work in the EU/Spain.
- High school diploma or higher (college degree not required but will be highly considered)
- TEFL qualified
- 10-month contract – Commitment for the entirety of the contract from September to June
- Clean criminal record – this would be done in-country with the assistance of our partners
- Both physically and mentally healthy
- Be adaptable and flexible to engage in a different country and culture
- Are happy to work with all ages and levels as required
How it works?
- Check the requirements above to see if you are applicable
- Submit all the necessary documents to [email protected]
- Ensure that you meet the required details listed above, then you can go ahead and apply directly online and we will be in touch to talk you through the next steps in the application process
- If you are currently TEFL qualified with the TEFL Institute of Ireland, you can apply to this job free of an admin charge. If you are TEFL certified with other TEFL provider/different companies; an admin fee of €79 applies. Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Want more details? Contact us and we can schedule a call to have a more in-depth chat with you
Once you submit all necessary documents and you’re accepted, you can start making plans for your new and exciting move to the land of Sun, Siestas and TEFL…of course!
Our partners will let you know if you have been formally accepted. Once you get the go ahead then you can make arrangements to book your flight to Barcelona.
At the airport, our partners will be on hand to pick you up and transfer you to the housing location for a general orientation of housing and work location, schedule, and first-day orientation.
What do you need to organise?
- International flights
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Budget: For adventures (available through partners) and in the event of an emergency
- Travel insurance: Each successful applicant should purchase individual comprehensive cover for travel & medical insurance
- Vaccines: Consult your local medical centre.
Your role as a teacher
- Teachers will be required to work the number of hours according to contract (based on a full-time salary of €1000 per month and adapted to % of full-time schedule contracted).
-These 3 schools are divided into 3 areas (Kids ages 1-9, Tweens/Teens from 10 to 17, and on occasion, private 1 to 1 classes with adults or in-company classes with adults). These classes rarely exceed 8, but in some cases, there could be up to 9 students in one group.
Class lengths are as follows (ages are approximate)
-From 1 to 9 year olds: 1 hour per day, 1 day per week.
-From 10 to 11: 1,5 hours per day, 1 day per week.
-From 11 to 14: 1 hour per day, 2 days per week.
-From 14 and up (not adults): 1,5 hours per day, 2 days per week.
Adults typically do a maximum of 1,5 hours per day, 2 days per week but vary upon demand.
The job posts will be in either Igualada or Tarrega. You may be teaching some lessons in one of the towns, or the other, as well as doing some lessons in surrounding towns. You will have transport provided to you by the academy for classes in surrounding areas with other members of a team who would be doing similar lessons to yourself. This would also give you the opportunity to learn about the surrounding areas and the other cultures and events in nearby towns.
Contract length: Beginning of September to the end of June, with consideration for July if required.
- Igualada is situated in the province of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain, on the left bank of the Anoia River and at the western end of the Igualada-Martorell-Barcelona railway. It is 65 kilometres (40 miles) west of Barcelona and 20 kilometres (12 miles) west of the famous mountain and monastery of Montserrat. It is the capital and central market of a rich agricultural and wine-producing district. It consists of an old town, founded in the 11th century, with narrow and irregular streets, including the remains of a fortress and ramparts, plus a new surrounding town with regular and spacious streets and many fine houses. The European Balloon Festival, the largest hot air balloon festival in Spain and one of the largest in Europe takes place here in July – it has taken place every year, since 1997. The city also hosts the Aerosport airshow, which takes place every year in April or May.
- Tarrega is a village in Province of Lleida, located in the Urgell comarca, Catalonia.
It is the capital of Urgell in the Ondara River basin which has a humid subtropical climate, an average temperature of 14 °C, and an average rainfall of 451 mm per year. It has a theatre fair, held annually each September, which attracts approximately 100,000 people. One of the popular local attractions is a park at Sant Eloi mountain with a Romanesque church of the 13th century.
Outside the classroom
In addition to the work schedule, punctual organised excursions will be available (optional within the programme) in order to enjoy Spain throughout your 10-month experience.
These packages include transportation and lodging for popular events and destinations throughout Spain and are 100% optional to those who wish to further their cultural experience in Spain.
The choices and experiences in Spain are endless…this vibrant country is waiting for you.
Hurry & apply today as spaces are limited!
- Some of the benefits include:
- 1-2 day orientation
- Various positions available:
- Full time positions of 34 hours weekly = 1000 EUROS / month
- Part-time positions:
~20 hours weekly = 444 Euros / month
~25 hours weekly = 642 Euros / month
~30 hours weekly = 841 Euros / month
- Housing included (flat near the city center (maximum 20/25 minutes walking distance of the school in SHARED flats with other members of the same programme)
- Airport pick-up and transfer
- Option to stay on for another semester or assistance with a move to another location in Spain
TEFL Training Included
Group Size up to 30
Receive discounts & advice about Spain and similar experiences
- Welcome to Spain
- Placements & locations
- Orientation & training
- Who can apply
- Thailand facts
- What’s up for grabs
Sign up and get instant access to your Spain Brochure.