TEFL jobs in China
Adventure awaits when you teach English in China.
From taking in the breath-taking views of Zhangjiajie National Park to exploring
megacities that bridge rich history with modern technology, China has countless places to discover when not in the classroom.
With such a big geography, teachers have a wide range of cities, regions, and climates to choose from. High-speed trains and low-cost airlines make travel fast and affordable, so you can make the most out of your time abroad wherever you choose to teach!
TEFL experience requirements
- A passport holder from the US, UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from one of the seven countries
- Can obtain a clean criminal background check
- Can commit to living abroad for at least one year
- TEFL qualified (see application options)
How it works?
Before you go, you’ll have an application form to complete. Once you submit all your documents and get accepted, you’ll be on your way to China!
Also be aware of the following
- The visa process will be a lot easier if the TEFL certificate states the 120 hours on
the actual document. If it does not, there are ways around it, but certificates with 120-
Hours said on them seem to pass through much more straightforward.
- The passport should be valid for at least six months. But as it may take longer to renew a
visa in China it’s best to get that done before leaving.
- Degrees need to be legalised. Fees are reimbursed for this.
- All documents should be in colour. Black and white papers are not accepted.
What do you need to organize?
- Police check: You’ll need a clean criminal record
- Health check: You’ll need to provide a health statement for select cities
- Vaccines: Consult your local doctor for advice
- Budget: Spending money for when you’re getting settled in & excursions
- Travel Insurance: It’s really important to sort your travel before you go.
Your teaching experience
Teach kids in China and enjoy a fun and rewarding experience that you will never forget. As a teacher, you will get the opportunity to make an impact on both your students’ lives and your own.
You don’t need prior teaching experience to teach kids in China with EF. You just need to be willing to learn and we’ll help with the rest.
As a Kids and Teens teacher, you will teach students aged from 3 – 18. Your students are enthusiastic and fun loving, full of energy and ready to learn. As a teacher, you need to come to class prepared and ready to have fun. It’s your responsibility to plan engaging classes full of games and learning activities.
With over 300 schools in over 60 cities to choose from, you can teach, travel and enjoy an awesome new job overseas. Headquarters is based in Shanghai, but be aware not all schools are based in the city.