TEACHING ENGLISH IN VIETNAM
Learn More About Vietnam Internship
Now you have a chance to start your teaching journey in Vietnam. Finally, our 5 months teaching placement is back, and you can now begin to teach in this wonderful country. Vietnam is often considered one of the best places to teach English in Southeast Asia, and it’s not just because of its warm tropical climate and fantastic food! The low-cost living and laid-back lifestyle are very appealing to travellers, making Vietnam a highly sought-after destination. The country is known for stunning places like Halong Bay, filled with ancient architecture, dotted with cascading rice fields, and renowned for its delicious food. You will be making a huge impact on your students’ lives while having the time to explore – then you’ve come to the right place.
With our paid internship in Vietnam, you will be fully supported in securing your first-time teaching placement. You will also be joined by other interns who will be in the same boat as you, just starting their TEFL journey. Before you head to Vietnam, you’ll study online for a lifetime TEFL qualification which is included in the internship package. When you land in Vietnam, you will receive hands-on teaching experience throughout the welcome orientation and the chance to live in one of Southeast Asia’s most enigmatic and enchanting countries.
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT WITH OUR VIETNAM PLACEMENT
- Monthly salary of USD $1000
- Contract completion bonus of USD $500
- 120 hour TEFL certificate
- 30 hour Teaching Young Learners Course
- Teaching English through Yoga & Mindfulness Course
- Lesson planning guide
- Airport pick-up & transfers
- Orientation guesthouse
- Orientation week in Hanoi
- Rent-free accommodation
- Ongoing in-country support
- Visa and work permit support
- Vietnamese language lessons (during orientation)
- Passport holder from one of the following countries: Ireland, UK, Canada, Australia, USA, or New Zealand
- Aged between 20 – 35 (contact an advisor if you're older)
- TEFL qualification (official hardcopy required)
- Bachelor’s degree (official hardcopy required)
- Clean criminal record (police certificate required)
- Clean bill of mental and physical health (contact an advisor if you're on medication and/or receiving ongoing treatment)
- Due to new labour laws, non-native English speakers (inc. South Africans) need to provide a C1 English cert to apply
- International flights: You’ll need return flights (can be two one-way flights)
- Budget: Recommended spending money of €700-1,000 for the first six weeks
- Police check: You’ll need a clean criminal record
- Health check: Budget of €85 for the medical check in Vietnam
- Vaccines: Consult your local doctor for advice
- Legalisation of Bachelor’s Degree & Police Check : Guidance will be provided but please ensure you have the original copy of your degree and police check readily available. If you are in your final year of studies, please speak to our team.
- Legalisation of TEFL Certificate in the UK: Guidance will be provided but please ensure you inform us your certificate will be legalised for Vietnam before you purchase a hardcopy. Please consult us on the legalisation steps and budget an additional fee of est. €250
- Visa costs: Specific to each country & usually cost around $25-50
Where will I be teaching?
After you settle in, you will spend the semester teaching in one of our stunning placement locations including Hanoi and Haiphong.
Want to learn more? Request a call with our overseas placement advisors
Contact Us Today
How It Works
Our TEFL teaching English in Vietnam programme couldn’t be simpler – and you’ll have our team of experts to help you every step of the way.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
Make sure to take the most of your time off!
You probably can’t wait to plan your trips around Vietnam during your free time. If you can visit either; Ho Chi Minh or Hanoi, we highly recommend it as each city offers a unique perspective on Vietnamese history and culture, providing you with a more complete understanding of this country.
YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
You will be teaching in either a private language school, private or government primary/high school, or a university. Your students will range in age from 4 years old to 18+.
Your teaching hours will be usually from 8 am until 4.30pm. You can expect to be teaching 20-25 hours a week and weekly admin hours to plan your lessons. You will be given plenty of training on approaching and creating the best lesson for your pupils.
Our Vietnam programme is a nationwide placement and you could be placed anywhere but you will always be surrounded by 1 or 2 other interns in the same area/accommodation. Placements for August 2024 are centred around Hanoi and Haiphong in Vietnam’s beautiful and more traditional north.
Hear from our Past Interns
YOUR GUIDE TO VIETNAM
Explore the beautiful landscapes and treat yourself to the amazing food that teaching English in Vietnam has to offer. Download our free Guide to Vietnam today for all the info you need about our Vietnam TEFL internship and how to teach English in Vietnam .