TEACH ENGLISH IN GERMANY
Spend Your Summer Teaching English in Germany
Teaching English in Germany Programme
Teaching English in Germany is one of the best possible TEFL destination jobs in Europe. Now you have a chance to spend the summer in this beautiful country, get invaluable experience & sightsee all Germany has to offer. With this summer internship, you will be preparing recreational learning activities and conversational English classes, mostly with young learners. There are many camp locations within Germany where you can go to teach.
During this placement, teaching couldn’t be more fun & pleasurable! You will have a chance to create fun lessons full of games, mini field trips, teach children English songs or even bring a new take on TEFL with a Yoga & Mindfulness course included in this package. You’ll be delivering lessons that will be the talking point of many campfire chats. Bring your adventurous attitude (and your sleeping bag) and capture the essence of outdoor and active life.
This teaching English in Germany job is for those who love camp adventure life & are creative, thinking outside of the box to engage children in various activities. With our 120 Hour accredited TEFL course, Teaching English through Yoga, and Warmers, Fillers & Coolers guide, you will be more than qualified to sign up – so – what are you waiting for?
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT WITH OUR GERMAN TEACHING PROGRAMME
- 8 weeks or 10 weeks teaching placement
- Teacher allowance of approx €75 weekly
- 120 Hour Premier TEFL Course
- Teaching through Yoga & Mindfulness Course for Young Learners
- Extensive Warmers, Fillers & Coolers Guide to help you with lesson planning
- Airport pick-up & transfers
- Orientation week
- Camp accommodation
- 3 meals a day
- Ongoing in-country support
- 24-hour medical care
- Cultural excursions
- Native English speaker
- Passport holder from one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland, South Africa or New Zealand
- Aged between 19 – 29
- High School graduate (A-levels, Leaving Cert)
- TEFL qualified (included)
- Clean police record
- First Aid certificate (training included in June only)
- A clean bill of health
- International flights: You’ll need return flights (can be two one-way flights)
- Budget: Spending money for tourist activities during free time etc.
- Camp essentials: Budget €75 for a sleeping bag and mat if you prefer not to bring one
- Health check: You’ll need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Travel insurance: It’s really important to sort your travel and health before you go, covering COVID-19 treatment. However, you’ll have access to an emergency doctor
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- First aid: Budget €65 to join the First Aid course at camp if you don't hold a valid certificate
- Visa cost: You’ll have advice to obtain your visa if required
Where will I be teaching?
After orientation in Walsrode you’ll be placed in one of five nationwide camp locations: Lüneburger Heide, Regen, Amrum Hachen & Möelln. You’ll be placed at the most suitable camp by our team.
Want to learn more?
Fill in your details below and we'll be in touch with you very soon!
How it works
Our TEFL teaching English in Germany summer programme couldn’t be simpler – and you’ll have our team of experts to help you every step of the way.
Apply & Train
Apply now and schedule your interview. You’ll get instant online access to your TEFL courses & guide to get your qualification started straight away.
Interview & Docs
If your interview is successful, it’s time to provide all your documents, including a first-air course if already completed (there will be a First Aid course available in June during your 1st week in Germany).
Go to Germany
You should book flights to arrive into the Hamburg airport (HAM) on your specific internship arrival day, for airport pick up and orientation.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
Wondering what you’re going to do outside of your camp classroom in Germany? Meals, laundry, internet, and transport to and from the excursions or other camp locations are all covered, leaving you free to spend your allowance as you please!
This one-of-a-kind paid position gives you much more than a chance to see Germany and become a competent TEFL teacher. You’ll gain a fundamental understanding of the German culture (and beyond… as you meet over 50 nationalities!),
and way of life, and develop invaluable intercultural and communication skills you can take with you anywhere in life
GET PAID TO TRAVEL & TEACH
Your €75 (US$80/£64) weekly allowance will be paid in cash. You will receive €290 at the end of week 5 (orientation week plus four weeks of camp). For every additional week, you stay, you’ll receive a €75 allowance.
You should budget enough spending money to cover your first month until you receive your allowance.
YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
All programmes are in German adventure summer camps. TEFL teachers can expect to teach children between the ages of
six and 16 conversational English. Camp activities include language workshops, games, and traditional sports.
Your work week typically runs week-long, with 15 hours of lesson time. This allows up to 35 hours of extracurricular activities per week and some time for lesson planning.
YOUR GUIDE TO GERMANY
Whether you’re drawn to Germany to brush up on your rusty high school German, looking for a teaching English in German or supporting a culture that embraces adventure and celebrating the outdoors, signing up for a teaching program in Germany can be an immensely rewarding experience. Here, you can shape young minds through recreational and activity-based learning.download now!