Teach English in Vietnam
Spend 12 Months Teaching English In Vietnam
About our teaching English in Vietnam programme
If you want to teach English in Vietnam – a country filled with ancient architecture, dotted with cascading rice fields, and renowned for its delicious food – then you’ve come to the right place. With our teaching English in Vietnam programme, you’ll gain a lifetime TEFL qualification, hands-on teaching experience and the chance to live in one of the most enigmatic and enchanting countries of Southeast Asia.
Each Vietnamese school recognises the importance of learning English. English is considered the working language of the world, paving the way for an economy and population that’s more and more international. So, the demand for TEFL teachers in Vietnam has never been higher. But don’t overlook the country’s sheer beauty and history when deciding to teach English in Vietnam. It’s a traveller’s paradise.
Over twelve months, you’ll join fellow teachers for an unforgettable experience with our paid TEFL internship. During your one-week orientation, you’ll learn about living, teaching and travelling in Vietnam to make sure you get the best out of your TEFL adventure. Our dedicated in-country team will be there to support you every step of the way, too. So, get ready to join your new TEFL family!
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT WITH OUR VIETNAM PLACEMENT
- Monthly salary of US$1200-1800 (€1065-€1,600/£900-£1350)
- 120 Hour Premier TEFL Course
- 30 hours Young Learners TEFL Course
- Extensive E-Book with lessons to teach young learners
- Airport pick-up & transfers
- Orientation guesthouse
- 7-day orientation in Ho Chin Minh City
- Accommodation Assistance
- Vietnamese language lessons (during orientation)
- Visa, legalisation & work permit guidance
- Ongoing in-country support
- Contract completion bonus (most schools)
- Meet ups and weekend excursions throughout the year
- Passport holder from one of the following countries: Ireland, UK, Canada, Australia, USA, or New Zealand
- Aged between 20 – 50 (contact an advisor if you're older)
- TEFL qualification (official hardcopy required)
- Bachelor’s degree (official hardcopy required)
- Clean criminal record (police certificate required)
- Clean bill of mental and physical health (contact an advisor if you're on medication and/or receiving ongoing treatment)
- Due to new labour laws, non-native English speakers (inc. South Africans) need to provide a C1 English cert to apply
- International flights: Return flights are a must
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Budget: Spending money for your six weeks plus excursions etc
- Travel insurance: Comprehensive cover for travel & medical insurance
- Vaccines: Consult your doctor, Schools require Teachers to be Fully Vaccinated for COVID or express in writing their Willingness to be Vaccinated.
- Visa costs: Specific to each country & usually cost around £105-£125
- Legalisation of Bachelor’s Degree & Police Check : Guidance will be provided but please ensure you have the original copy of your degree and police check readily available. If you are in your final year of studies, please speak to our team.
- Legalisation of TEFL Certificate: Guidance will be provided but please ensure you inform us your certificate will be legalised for Vietnam before you purchase a hardcopy. Please consult us on the legalisation steps and budget an additional fee of £200+.
- Legalisation of IELTS Certificate: If you are South African or a non-native English speaker, you must obtain at least a C1 level result and these results must then be legalised in your home country
Where will I be teaching?
From big cities such as Ho Chi Minh City to medium towns such as Da Nang, there are many locations to choose from all over the country!
Want to learn more?
Fill in your details below and we'll be in touch with you very soon!
How it works
Our TEFL internship Vietnam programme couldn’t be simpler – and you’ll have our team of experts to help you every step of the way.
Apply & Train
Apply now and schedule your interview. You’ll get instant online access to your 120 Hour TEFL course to get started straight away.
Interview & Docs
If your interview is successful, it’s time to provide all your documents, including: Degree, police record and copy of your valid passport.
Go to Vietnam
Once you’ve been formally accepted, you’re ready to go! You’ll be informed to book your flight and, on arrival, taken to your orientation.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
Of course, it’s not all work and no play. Aside from teaching English in Vietnam, there’s so much to explore and experience. Sail along the perfume river, visit the world’s largest cave of Son Doong or gaze out over the famous rice terraces. Scooting around the countryside is a piece of cake. Or hop on a cheap flight to Cambodia, Laos or China. This is your adventure – it’s time to make Southeast Asia yours!
GET PAID TO TRAVEL & TEACH
With the high monthly salary, you’ll live comfortably and have enough to explore the fascinating country. With bowls of pho for less than $1, the freshest and cheapest produce at local markets and Saignon beer brewed next door (possibly not true), Vietnam is calling for you. Not only will you be paid, but you’ll gain the hands-on teaching experience you need to enhance your CV and secure future teaching positions.
YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
If you want to teach English in Vietnam, prepare yourself for a variety of options. Intern placements range from small kindergarten schools, private language institutions to secondary schools swimming with thousands of students.
It’s common for schools to have foreign English teachers. But in other cases, it’s not uncommon to be the only TEFL teacher. But don’t worry! With 120 hours of TEFL training under your belt, you’ll be fully prepared and racing to get into the classroom.
Teacher support is paramount. So, each school assigns a liaison figure to assist you in your journey teaching English in Vietnam. The focus of your lessons will be conversational English, tailored around a weekly timetable of 35 hours. Over five days, you will dedicate 20 hours to in-class teaching, with the remaining 15 hours assigned to lesson planning and marking.
In Vietnam, TEFL teachers get some of the most hands-on experience, as you lead most classes independently. Take on this challenge and see yourself grow in confidence and develop into a world-class EFL teacher.
Hear from our Past Interns
YOUR GUIDE TO VIETNAM
Famed for its beautiful beaches, rich culture and friendly people, it’s no surprise that Vietnam is a top TEFL destination. From training to placement locations, our free Guide to Vietnam gives you all the info you need about our TEFL internship Vietnam programme and how to teach English in Vietnam.download now!