Teach English in Thailand - Volunteer Programme
Supported teaching placement with accommodation & training included
Volunteer To Teach English in Thailand
This 12-week volunteer teaching programme is an amazing adventure that allows participants to dive into the rich, diverse culture and beauty of Thailand. Volunteer English teachers will have the opportunity to not only give back to the community, make a difference and touch lives, but also to grow and advance themselves both personally and professionally.
Why volunteer? You will have the chance to get some invaluable teaching experience. Also, volunteer teachers will have the unique opportunity to help disadvantaged Thai learners acquire the skills needed to improve their lives and communicate across cultures. You will have the chance to create fun and engaging lessons & inspire your students to learn English.
Interns in this volunteering programme will receive online pre-departure training to prepare them for their placements, as well as orientation once they are in the country. One huge advantage of taking part in the volunteer teacher program is the blend of training and practical experience the volunteer teachers will receive.
This volunteering internship program is held in the beachside town of Hua Hin, a historically important town as it is a holiday town of the Thai monarchy. While it is a beach resort town, the level of English language is low and there is a major emphasis on local children improving their English skills.
MAKE YOUR CV STAND OUT WITH OUR VOLUNTEERING PLACEMENT
- Accommodation included (shared with other teachers)
- Airport pick up (private transfer)
- 2-day full orientation (Thai lessons inc.)
- Weekends & public holidays off
- Volunteer Teaching Guide (teaching materials inc.)
- 120 Hour Accredited TEFL Course
- 30 Hour Teaching English Online Course
- 30 Hour Advanced Grammar for Teachers Course
- 30 Hour Teaching Young Learners Course
- Teach English to Children through Yoga & Mindfulness Course
- 2 extensive PDF guides: General Lesson Planning Guide, and Teaching Young Learners 10 Lessons Pack
- Full support for a volunteering visa
- Ongoing in-country support
- Participants must be in good physical and mental health
- Participants must be at least between the ages of 18 - 60
- Participants must have sufficient spending money to cover the duration of the program
- High proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Must be able to provide a clean criminal background check
- TEFL qualification (included)
- No bachelors degree required as you are a volunteer
- Physically and mentally healthy (please enquire if you are currently on medication or receiving on-going medical treatment)
- International flights: Return flights are a must
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Budget: Daily Expenses (Food, laundry, transportation around Hua Hin)
- Travel insurance: Comprehensive cover for travel & medical insurance
- Vaccines: Consult your doctor
- Volunteer visa (volunteers will need to pay for actual visa themselves. Cost is USD 75 – USD 135 depending on the country)
- Hostel Deposit This is for insurance against damages and will be returned at the end of the program. $60
Where will I be teaching?
The school is located in the town of Hua Hin and is accessible either by walking or by local transport. Hua Hin is one of the most charming beach resort towns in Thailand.
Want to learn more? Request a call with our overseas placement advisors
Contact Us Today
How It Works
Our TEFL short volunteer placement in Thailand couldn’t be simpler – and you’ll have our team of experts to help you every step of the way.
APPLY & TRAIN
Apply now and schedule your interview. You’ll get instant online access to your 120 Hour TEFL course + Specialists Courses and guides to get started straight away.
INTERVIEW & DOCS
If your interview is successful, it’s time to provide all your documents, including your police record and a copy of your valid passport.
GO TO THAILAND
Once you’ve been formally accepted, you’re ready to go! You’ll be informed to book your flight and, on arrival, taken to your orientation.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
Hua Hin is a 2.5 hour drive south of Bangkok and sits between a mountain range to the west and the calm seas of the Gulf of Thailand to the east. The sea in Hua Hin is adorned with small islands, fishing boats, and majestic rock formations, which dot the horizon of the coastline under a sun filled sky. Hua Hin is known as Thailand’s Royal Beach Resort. It is the oldest and most traditional Thai resort in the country. Hua Hin strikes the perfect balance between traditional Thai culture and modern amenities. Hua Hin has many Thai temples and a genuine Thai hospitality. It also boasts a lively downtown district, as well as international quality hospitals, malls, and hospitals.
YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
As an intern, you will volunteer from approximately 8 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday. You will have weekends and Thai public holidays free to explore the towns and beaches. You will teach kindergarten and/or primary students depending on the school’s needs.
The volunteer teacher will be responsible for creating and delivering games and activities for the students that help to improve their English pronunciation. Oftentimes, learning will take place in a traditional Thai public school classroom. Typical class sizes are around 30-35 students. However, occasionally, learning will take place in a camp-like setting either in a common area of the school, often outside, or in an off-site location.
Hear from our Past Interns
YOUR GUIDE TO THAILAND
Discover the truly beautiful country that is Thailand. From its gorgeous cuisine to the absolute architectural spectacle that are the temples that are scattered across their country. Where better to teach English? Download our free Guide to Thailand today for all the info you need about our Thailand TEFL internship and how to teach English in Thailand.download now!