Teach English in Italy
6-9 Months Placement | Start dates: September or January
ABOUT OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
Teach English in Italy and get paid to see the iconic sights of this beautiful country. With its famous Mediterranean cuisine, rich history and stunning architecture, it’s no wonder why Italy is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Why be a tourist when you can live the authentic Italian way of life? Teach in Italy and immerse yourself in all things Italian.
Our TEFL experts are here to take away the stress of securing employment abroad. From a guaranteed teaching placement to full teacher training, we’re here to help you. What’s more, 180 hours of accredited TEFL training is included. So, you’ll be fully prepared to teach in any situation. During your placement, you can experience the true magic of teaching English in Naples, Florence, Rome and many more locations. Explore the country with direct trains from the fashion capital of Milan in the north down to the ancient history-soaked Naples in the south – and everywhere in between.
You’ll have support throughout training meetings and our in-country team to help you get the most from your Italian adventure. You’ll walk away with memories to last a lifetime, not to mention teaching experience to enrich your TEFL CV.
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT WITH OUR TEACHING ENGLISH IN ITALY PROGRAMME
- Monthly allowance of €1,000-€1,200 (can vary seasonally)
- 180 Hour Advanced TEFL Course (120 Hour TEFL Course + 30 Hour IELTS Preparation Course + 30 hour Teaching Business English Course)
- Italian Culture Course: In-depth cultural awareness for ESL teachers
- 2-day welcome orientation (hotel included)
- In-school teacher training and ongoing professional development opportunities
- School social events, conferences, and workshops
- Accommodation guidance
- Access to the Italian public healthcare
- 24/7 in-country support
- Access to our exclusive TEFL jobs board and job assistance after your internship
- Aged between 21-62
- Native English speaker
- Passport holder from Ireland
- TEFL qualified (180 hours included)
- High school diploma or higher
- Vaccinated against COVID-19
- Teaching experience is an advantage
- Physically & mentally healthy
- Be adaptable & flexible to the Italian culture
- Ambition to be a great classroom leader
- International flights: Return flights are not nessecary
- Accommodation: Accommodation is not included in this internship
- Budget: Budget for rent, bills and adventures while you're in Italy
- Travel insurance: It is strongly recommended to arrange this before you go
THE ULTIMATE PRE-DEPARTURE CULTURE COURSE FOR ITALY
Your TEFL course or teaching qualification may give you the credentials to teach abroad, but preparing yourself for the impending cultural change is a whole new ball game. Before you arrive in Italy, having a solid understanding of the culture will help you in many ways. You will find it easier to navigate social situations, make friends, perform better at work, and transition into local life.
Where will I be teaching?
40 + teaching locations, including bustling international cities like Rome, Milan and Florence as well as smaller towns where you can experience living an authentic Italian lifestyle!
Want to learn more?
Fill in your details below and we'll be in touch with you very soon!
how it works
Our Italy TEFL internship programme couldn’t be simpler – and you’ll have our team of experts to help you every step of the way.
Apply & Train
Apply now and schedule your interview. You’ll get instant online access to your 180 Hour TEFL course to get started straight away.
Interview & Placement
If your interview is successful, you will be offered a placement is one of our partnered schools in Italy.
Go to Italy
Once you’ve been formally accepted, you’re ready to go! You’ll be informed to book your flight and, on arrival you can start your orientation.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
If you love the idea of the freedom TEFL brings, you’ll love our Italy TEFL internship. You’ll be living independently, and there’s nothing you can’t do during your time in “Bel Paese” (beautiful country). Meet with new-found friends for lunch and trips to the beach or go on a solo adventure to experience another aspect of Italian culture. Use this TEFL adventure to see the sights of Italy and, of course, sample its sumptuous cuisine.
GET PAID TO TRAVEL & TEACH
As a teaching intern, you’ll be paid a competitive monthly salary between €1,000-€1,200 per month to cover rent and bills and save up for those exciting adventures around Italy. The dedicated in-country team will be on hand to assist you with finding the right accommodation for you. Step by step, they have the first-hand experience to provide you with expert support to best guide you as you teach English in Italy.
Your teaching experience
You’ll take on the role of classroom leader for 15-30 hours per week. You’ll teach four evenings per week and Saturday mornings. The rest of your hours will be scheduled around this teaching timetable.
- Fun and Friendly: A dynamic and welcoming school team, with regular team meetings and social events.
- Like Home: A relaxed teaching environment with sofas and TVs! One big open-plan space encourages socialising and interaction between staff and students.
- Communicative Method: Enjoyable, natural lessons with lots of roleplay, speaking, realistic language and engaging topics. Students speaking and teachers encouraging, guiding, checking, correcting and training.
- Small Groups: Small groups of students ensure higher speaking time for each student and more practical teaching and learning activities. You will be teaching a variety of age groups The diversity will be an exciting and rewarding experience for you as a teacher.
- Technology: Online activities for blended learning and audio-visual resources in the classroom to increase engagement.
Hear from our Past Interns
YOUR GUIDE TO ITALY
Famous for its contributions to the worlds of art, architecture, fashion and literature (and more!), it’s no surprise that Italy is one of the best places to teach English abroad. Download our free Guide to Italy today for all the info you need about our Italy TEFL internship and how to teach English in Italy.download now!