TEACHING ENGLISH IN TAIWAN
TEFL Internship Taiwan
ABOUT OUR Teaching English in Taiwan Programme
Embark on the journey of a lifetime and teach English in Taiwan for 12 unforgettable months. With our paid internships, you will get to teach young learners while experiencing the delights of this remarkable country.
Taiwan has something for everyone with its exciting mix of vibrant modern cities, traditional culture, and remarkable natural landscapes. Affordability meets a high standard of living in Taiwan, and with a generous monthly allowance, you’ll have more than enough to explore this incredible island.
Once fully qualified, your TEFL adventure begins in Taiwan’s capital city, Taipei. In-person training will follow a short quarantine period, so you’re fully prepared for the classroom, with the chance to explore fascinating Taipei. After orientation, you and your fellow interns will be based in one of your chosen cities across Taiwan. And, don’t worry, our team will assist you in finding your accommodation. So, you can focus on exploring your surroundings and gaining the best TEFL experience in one of the best countries to teach English abroad.
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT WITH OUR TAIWAN INTERNSHIP
- Monthly allowance NT$46,500 – 60,000 (€1,300-€1680)
- 120 hours Premier TEFL Course + 30 Hour Teaching English Online Course
- Airport pick-up & transfers
- Welcome Orientation on arrival
- Accommodation assistance
- Opportunity to teach younger learners
- 2 weeks’ vacation & public holidays off
- Mandarin lessons (3 free)
- Interest-free relocation loan up to NT$30,000 (€840)
- Visa & work permit sponsorship
- In-country medical & access to Taiwanese health care
- Ongoing in-country support
- Native English speaker
- Passport holder from USA, Canada, UK, Ireland or New Zealand
- 120 Premier Hour Course + 30 Hour Teaching English Online (included)
- Aged 21 to 40 years old
- Valid passport in date for at least 2 years
- Bachelor’s degree certificate or an associate degree certificate
- Vaccinated & boosted against COVID-19
- 7-day quarantine on arrival (subject to change)
- Have a hard work ethic, enthusiasm, flexibility & an open mind to a new culture
- Applications from those that are not located in their home country (except in Taiwan) will not be accepted
- International flights: Return flights are a must
- Police certificate: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Budget: Have money for your first 9 weeks for meals out etc.
- Health insurance only required for the first month
- Vaccines: Consult your doctor
- Visa: We can assist with this but please make sure your passport is in date for at least two years.
Where will I be teaching?
There are many unique locations in Taiwan that you could be placed in for your new teaching job. Get in touch to find out about our amazing teaching locations in Taiwan.
Want to know more?
Fill in your details below and we'll be in touch with you very soon!
HOW IT WORKS
Our Taiwan TEFL internship couldn’t be simpler – and you’ll have our team of experts to help you every step of the way.
Apply & Train
Apply now and schedule your interview. You’ll get instant online access to your 120 Hour TEFL course to get started straight away.
Interview & Docs
If your interview is successful, it’s time to provide all your documents, including: Degree, police record and copy of your valid passport.
Go to Taiwan
Once you’ve been formally accepted, you’re ready to go! You’ll be informed to book your flight and, on arrival, taken to your orientation.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
Considered the undiscovered gem of Southeast Asia, Taiwan is a unique experience for any TEFL enthusiast to dive into. Bask in bubbling geothermal springs, launch a lantern into the stars during the Pingxi sky lantern festival, and follow the butterflies (600,000 migrate to southern Taiwan for the winter)! During your vacation weeks, why not hop on a cheap flight to nearby countries like China, Japan and Vietnam? You and your future TEFL friends will create stories that you’ll retell for a lifetime.
GET PAID TO TRAVEL & TEACH
Our interns are paid a competitive salary of between 46,500-60,000 Taiwan Dollars (€1,300-€1680) per month. Our dedicated in-country team can help you arrange accommodation, taking away any possible stresses.
You choose whether you want your own studio or to share an apartment with fellow TEFL teachers. Aim for a monthly rent budget of around NT$15,000-20,000 (€420-€560), and you’ll be living in style. If you need it, take up the offer of an interest-free loan of up to NT$30,000 €840 for an easy transition into your exciting new life.
YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Stepping into a classroom in Taiwan, you will learn a thing or two yourself from these students. On average, they have an IQ of 104 (that’s really high!).
In-class teaching hours range from 22-26 hours between Monday and Saturday. Be sure to dedicate at least 15 hours per week to lesson planning, grading and extra-curricular activities. Taiwanese students are some of the most hardworking in the world, so you won’t ever have to worry about missing homework.
Teach English in Taiwan, and your opportunities range from kindergarten to secondary school, focusing on grammar, written and oral skills. Co-teachers will be on hand to guide you into your new role and support you in delivering practical lessons. You’ll feel yourself grow personally and professionally with development training sessions throughout your 12 months of teaching English in Taiwan.
This is also an ideal internship for friends and couples, but early application is vital to ensure availability.
YOUR GUIDE TO TAIWAN
Known as the “heart of Asia”, Taiwan is full of exciting things to see and do. From diverse landscapes to abundant culture, it’s no surprise that Taiwan is a top TEFL destination. Our free Guide to Taiwan gives you all the info you need about our Taiwan TEFL internship and how to teach English in Taiwan.download now!