TEFL jobs in Thailand
Tempted to have a TEFL Job in Thailand…and why not? It is one of the top destinations to teach English worldwide. Thailand is not just about full moon parties and temples. There is so much more on offer – a coastline of 3219km in length, 1,430 islands and home to the ‘Venice of the East’ (Bangkok), it’s no surprise that Thailand is a dream destination for travellers.
Let your TEFL career take-off with our 1-year Thailand job placement which includes 120 hours of specific online training and a 10-hour face to face training.
Our dedicated Thai team will be there to assist you each step of the way. Who knows, you may end up staying on and making a new life in the Land of Smiles!
TEFL experience requirements
- Passport holder from one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland, South Africa or New Zealand or be a fluent English Speaker from a European country (EU) with a TOEIC score of 900+ or IELTS 7.5+
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- TEFL qualification (included)
- 12-month contract
- No criminal record
- 22 – 60 years of age.
How it works?
- Check out the requirements above to see if you are a match!
- Submit all the necessary documents to [email protected]
- Complete a video interview and /or application with our partners
- Boom…. upon successful completion of your interview, you are on your way to Thailand
On arrival at Suvarnabhumi International Airport (Bangkok) you’ll be picked up by our dedicated Thai team. This is the first step embarking on a year long adventure in Thailand!
What do you need to organise?
- International flights
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Budget: Each applicant should have the equivalent of 1,000 USD for the first month
- Travel insurance: Each successful applicant should purchase individual comprehensive cover for travel & medical insurance
- Vaccines: Consult your local Medical Centre.
- Visa: You’ll be provided with the paperwork to obtain a Non-B Visa from the Thai Embassy in your home country. The cost is your responsibility; however, it is inexpensive.
Your role as a teacher
- A weekly schedule consists of 18 to 25 classes during Monday-Friday with most weekends off (yay!).
- Classes typically last 50 minutes in duration
- Lessons primarily focus on English for Communication of the students. Lessons should be designed by you to be engaging and fun.
- You can expect to commit up to 15 -20 hours for lesson planning, grading and extra-curricular activities.
- Most schools have many foreign teachers, and most cities have a large community of international teachers and ex-pats.
- Kindergarten, Elementary Schools and Secondary Schools (state your preference during the interview process)
- Positions are located throughout the North, North West and Central regions of Thailand
- Cities include Phitsanulok, Chiang Rai, Lampang, Sukhothai, Tak, Kamphaengphet, plus many more.
Outside the classroom
Due to its incredible and vibrant culture, Thailand is a great place to live and work. You will be receiving a generous salary with a housing allowance, which means your money can go towards immersing yourself in all things Thai. Outside of the major cities and soft sandy shores, there is a wealth of hidden adventures to discover throughout the country. There are many traditional and authentic festivals, Buddhist temples full of relics, stunning adventure trails, tantalizing cuisine and captivating nightlife.
While you’re living in Thailand, take advantage of the unique flavours and tastes that is Thailand with some cookery lessons or get a full body work out at the local Thai boxing gym.
Thailand is known as the gateway to South East Asia, seize the opportunity while living and working there and hop across the border to Laos, Myanmar and Cambodia, which are just some of its appealing neighbours.
In Thailand, choices and experiences are endless…this fascinating country is waiting for you.
Hurry & apply today as spaces are limited!
- 3 – 4 days orientation upon arrival in Thailand. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about Thai culture, Thai language and more about the Thai school environment. There is an extra cost upon arrival of up to 5,000 Thai Baht.
- 1-year contract in a Thai school
- Salary of 30,000 Thai baht per month
- 3,000 Thai Baht housing allowance per month
- Support to move into a furnished and air-conditioned apartment
- 24/7 support from our English-speaking partners in Thailand
- Basic accident insurance
- Subsidised sightseeing excursions in the North of Thailand
- All visa extensions & work permit paperwork processed by our partners; however, costs are covered by you (the teacher). Upon successful completion of a 1-year contract, you will receive a reimbursement.
- Assistance to open a Personal Thai Savings Bank Account with a Visa ATM Card
- Support to acquire a Thai Sim Card
- Opportunity to earn extra money at language schools, one-on-one private tuition at students’ homes or your own home, or through one of the many online platforms. Teachers in Thailand that also teach online or at language schools etc. earn on average an extra 10,000-30,000 Baht/Month. However, you must be willing to commit your evenings & weekends!
TEFL Training Included
Group Size up to 30
Receive discounts & advice about Thailand and similar experiences
- Welcome to Thailand
- Placements & locations
- Orientation & training
- Who can apply
- Thailand facts
- What’s up for grabs
Sign up and get instant access to your Thailand Brochure.