TEACHING ENGLISH IN MYANMAR
Spend 5 months as a TEFL intern in Myanmar
ABOUT OUR Teaching English in Myanmar Programme
Practically untouched by western society, Myanmar is a true Asian teaching experience for anyone with the urge to delve right into life in Asia! Now you have the opportunity to spend 5 months as a TEFL intern and teach English in Myanmar.
The best way to get to know your new home is to take a hot-air balloon ride to get the best views of the picture-perfect mountains, peaceful lakes and ancient Buddhist temples.
Who better to enjoy your first experiences with than the group of TEFL teachers you’ll join in Yangon for your full 5-day orientation.
Feel like a local celebrity while teaching in Myanmar! You may be the first foreigner the locals have seen—be prepared for teacher appreciation days and being asked to step into photos, it’s amazing.
The Burmese people are as kind as the food is tasty, which means you’ll never be stuck for a wholesome meal or a new friendly face to meet.
Before starting your Myanmar adventure, you’ll complete our 120-hour express TEFL course—ready to step in front of your class as a confident leader.
Once you step off the plane you can relax knowing our in-country team will be waiting to collect you from the doors of Yangon International Airport (RGN) and drop you to orientation.
Whether you’re a seasoned teaching professional or have just completed your own education, Myanmar is the place for you! This is a unique experience, even for the most traveled of TEFLers.
Let’s get you booked and enrolled, next stop Myanmar!
MAKE YOUR RESUME STAND OUT WITH OUR MYANMAR INTERNSHIP
- Monthly allowance 1,000,000 – 1,750,000 K (Myanmar Kyat) (€600-€1,028)
- 120 - Hour Premier TEFL Course
- Airport pickup & transfers
- 5-day orientation
- Accommodation assistance
- Opportunity to teach in primary and secondary schools
- Two consecutive days off per week
- Visa sponsorship
- Ongoing in-country support
- Aged 19-45
- Passport holder from one of the following countries: USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Ireland, South Africa or New Zealand (contact an advisor if you're non-native English speaker)
- Completed secondary school
- TEFL qualification (included)
- Clean criminal record (police certificate)
- Must have a clean bill of mental and physical health (please enquire if you are currently on medication or receiving medical treatment)
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 required or willingness to be vaccinated
- Flexible, mature and culturally sensitive
- International flights: You’ll need return flights (can be two one-way)
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Vaccines: Consult your doctor
- Travel insurance: Comprehensive cover for travel & medical insurance
- Budget: Spending money for your first six weeks plus excursions etc
- Visa cost: You’ll have full support to obtain your visa and the cost is reimbursed by your placement school (budget around (€50-€100)
Where will I be teaching?
Once you settle in after your orientation, you’ll be placed in one of our fantastic placements throughout Myanmar. Locations are varied and include:
Want to know more?
Fill in your details below and we'll be in touch with you very soon!
HOW IT WORKS
Before you go, you’ll have an application form to complete, a video interview, submit all your documents and then you’ll be on your way to Myanmar.
Apply & Train
Apply now and schedule your interview. You’ll get instant online access to your 120 Hour TEFL course to get started straight away.
Interview & Docs
If your interview is successful, it’s time to provide all your documents, including: Degree, police record and copy of your valid passport.
Go to Myanmar
Once you’ve been formally accepted, you’re ready to go! You’ll be informed to book your flight and, on arrival, taken to your orientation.
OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
You won’t find it difficult to keep busy during your time in Myanmar, there’s plenty for you and your newfound friends to do.
There is lots to do during your days off in Myanmar. Wander around the stunning gilded pagodas, hike the picturesque mountains or spend the day at the tranquil lakes. The natural beauty of Myanmar.
Any wine enthusiasts out there? Surprisly, Myanmar produces some of the best wine in Asia! Make sure to visit the Aythaya winery to sample some of the delicious grape juice!
GET PAID TO TRAVEL & TEACH
A monthly allowance of 1,000,000 – 1,750,000 K (Myanmar Kyat) (€600-€1,028) means you’ll be one of the highest paid TEFL interns in Myanmar. Because this is a highly paid placement, you’ll be able to really enjoy your surroundings.
Ready to begin your Myanmar adventure? We have an in-house expert waiting to guide you.
YOUR TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Teaching English in Myanmar is one of the most rewarding things you’ll ever do. A maximum of 25 hours face-to-face teaching will mostly fall into a Mon – Fri teaching schedule, with some Saturdays.
Your aim in the classroom is to improve your students’ listening, speaking, reading and writing skills.
If you need any support for planning your lessons, your teaching colleagues will be there to happily lend a hand. Don’t worry though, you’ll have plenty of time to prepare within the 15 hours allocated for preparation and school activities.
Students will range from three to 16 years of age. You’ll be placed in either a language institute or a private school.
Friends and couples are welcome to apply, we recommend applying early as placement together is based on availability.
YOUR GUIDE TO MYANMAR
Teaching English abroad in Myanmar will be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Fast undergoing cultural, economic, and social changes, Myanmar will provide a unique outlook on life that you simply won’t find anywhere else in the world. As a teacher in Myanmar, you’ll have a range of educational experiences, from helping little ones learn about winter clothes to engaging adults in interesting discussions.download now!