Teach English in Georgia
Teach English in Georgia
TEFL jobs in Georgia
In Georgia, TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) career prospects might include a wide range of teaching positions catering to various age groups, language competency levels, and educational contexts. Here are some of the most prevalent TEFL job opportunities in Georgia:
Language Schools: There are many language schools in Georgia that offer English language lessons to students of all ages, from children to adults. In a language school, you may teach group classes, private lessons, or specialty courses such as business English or exam preparation (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL).
Primary and Secondary Schools: TEFL teachers may be hired by some public and private primary and secondary schools in Georgia to assist with English language instruction. These employment may entail working with local instructors to give English courses as part of the normal curriculum.
Universities and Colleges: Students seeking degrees in English or other topics that need English fluency may be instructed in English at universities and colleges. These occupations may necessitate advanced qualifications as well as a good academic background.
Offering private English classes can be a method to make money while also providing students with personalised education. Private coaching may cater to students preparing for examinations or individuals looking to improve specific language skills.
Georgia is widely regarded as having a lower cost of living than many Western countries. Housing, food, transportation, and entertainment costs are often lower. Rent and property prices can vary based on where you live and what neighborhood you live in. Major cities, like as Tbilisi, may have greater living costs than smaller towns and rural areas.
Georgian culture is steeped in history, customs, and religion. The country has a strong artistic, musical, dancing, and literary legacy. The Georgian Orthodox Church is very important in the culture, and there are several churches and religious festivals throughout the year. Georgians are noted for their friendliness and enjoyment of social gatherings. Supra, a traditional Georgian feast, is an important social event.
Georgia’s landscapes are breathtaking, with mountains, lush valleys, and the Black Sea coast. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy activities like hiking, skiing, and exploring ancient monasteries.
To obtain the most up-to-date cost of living figures, we use the world’s biggest cost of living comparison website, Numbio.com.
- Accommodation: €300-€700
- Utilities: €65.66
- Health insurance: €
- Monthly transport pass: €14.05
- Basic dinner out for two: €35
- Cappuccino in an ex-pat area: €2.52
- A beer in a pub: €1.40
- 1 litre of milk: €1.87
TEFL jobs in Georgia : KEY POINTS
€5 and €10 per hour
BA degree preferred
MAIN JOB TYPES
International schools and language schools
TEFL CERTIFICATION NEEDED
180 Hour TEFL Qualification
- Popular locations for TEFL jobs: Tbilisi: As Georgia's capital city, Tbilisi has a diverse range of TEFL work options. English language courses are available at a variety of language schools, foreign schools, universities, and private organizations. Batumi is a prominent tourist attraction and a rising city on the Black Sea coast. It could provide teaching employment in language schools, colleges, and cultural institutions. Kutaisi is Georgia's second-largest city and is noted for its historical and cultural attractions. Language schools and educational institutes may have TEFL positions available.
- English teacher salaries in Georgia: English teachers in language schools may be paid on an hourly basis. Hourly charges might range from €5 and €10 per hour. This can be determined by criteria such as the reputation of the institution, your qualifications, and the level of students you teach.
- TEFL qualification requirements: At least a 180-hour TEFL qualification
- Prerequisite university degree: Many employers, including language schools and international schools, may require TEFL teachers to have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field. However, the field of study may vary depending on the institution.
- Term times: Georgia is normally divided into two semesters. Please keep in mind that particular term dates can vary from one educational institution to the next and may have changed since then. For the most current and up-to-date information on term times, contact the individual school, university, or educational program. Here is a broad summary of Georgia's academic term times: Autumn Session: Spring Semester: Begin: Early September End: Late December or early January Begin in late January or early February. Finish date: late May / early June
- Currency: Georgian Lari
- Language: Georgian
- Teaching programmes: Teaching adults or children in private language schools as well as international schools or as a private tutor.
- Age restrictions: None
- Previous teaching experience: is desirable for many roles but not essential
Facts about Teach English in Georgia the Complete Guide for TEFL Teachers | Reviewed August 2023
TEFL JOB DEMAND
OUR GEORGIA TEFL RATING
TEFL jobs in Georgia : FAQS
How much can I earn as an English teacher in Georgia?
English teachers in language schools may be paid on an hourly basis. Hourly charges might range from €5 and €10 per hour. This can be determined by criteria such as the reputation of the institution, your qualifications, and the level of students you teach.
Is Georgia expensive to live in?
Georgia is widely regarded as a more affordable place to live when compared to several Western European and other developed countries. Keep in mind, however, that living expenses can vary depending on your lifestyle, geography, and personal preferences.
Can I teach English in Georgia without a degree?
A degree (often a bachelor’s degree) is sometimes desirable or even necessary to teach English in formal educational institutions such as schools, language centers, or universities.
Become a confident, qualified English teacher with flexible online, classroom or mixed learning.
With accommodation, training and full in-country support sorted - it's the hassle-free way to kick-start your TEFL career
Check out new TEFL job listings on our sister company's well-stocked jobs board.