Who can do a TEFL course?
First and foremost, an aspiring TEFL teacher must be a native or fluent English speaker. We suggest people who are at least 16 years old with a C1 level of English or higher. A TEFL course and teaching English is perfect for you if you:
- Are passionate about teaching and helping others to learn
- Have a good knowledge of the English language including sentence structure, vocabulary and grammar
- Are open and willing to adapt to other cultures and languages
- Want to travel and see the world
- Are looking for an exciting and flexible career path
- Are outgoing and confident speaking in front of a class or ready to build your classroom confidence.
You do not have to have prior teaching experience or a degree to do a TEFL course. However, the ability to work using your initiative is important. Our TEFL courses are online, so you will need to be well motivated.