TEFL Jobs in France
France is the world’s most popular tourist destination. With the breath-taking French Alps, stunning Mediterranean coastline, and delicious food and wine, it is no wonder it is becoming a sought-after teaching destination as well. In addition, the steps that France has taken to combat COVID-19 also makes it an extremely safe destination as well.
With our internship program, we take the stress out of applying for teaching jobs abroad! When you depart, you’ll feel more than prepared with our 120-hour TEFL course, Young Learners course, and our lesson planning guide for young learners.
We are here for you every step of the way! When you finish your year in France, you will have gained valuable experience that you can take with you anywhere in the world. Not to mention the countless unforgettable memories you will make! Not just in the classroom teaching adorable children, but also the trips you will take with fellow teachers!
What are you waiting for? Take the first steps in launching your teaching career today!
TEFL experience requirements
- Age 21+
- Native English Speaker or C2 English level
- TEFL qualified (TEFL course included)
- High school diploma or higher
- Both physically and mentally healthy
- Experience in teaching (in particular to young learners aged 3-10 (TEFL teaching is a plus)
- A basic knowledge of the French language is desired for communicating with parents and principals.
- Passionate about teaching in a fun, dynamic and creative fashion
- Clean criminal certification
- Eligible to work in France for a full academic year
How it works?
Check the requirements, get in contact with us, apply. Once you submit all necessary documents and you’re accepted, you can start making plans for the new move to France.
What do you need to organise once accepted?
- International flights
- Police check: Each applicant must have a clean criminal record
- Health check: Each applicant must provide a full health statement
- Budget: For adventures and in the event of an emergency while you are in France
- Travel insurance: It’s essential to arrange this before you go! EU passport holders are entitled to the EU health card.
- Accommodation in France, we recommend AirBNB to rent a room for the first couple of weeks.
Your teaching experience
You will be teaching mostly pre-primary and primary students during school hours for 15-20 hours per week. Classes can range from 25 to 35 students.
There are also Wednesday classes (normally a school day-off) in which you can teach extra classes where the classroom will be much smaller. Adult and teen education may also be available in your area for lunchtime or evening classes.
Once you are formally accepted and know your placement location, you can now book your flights! You will receive an email from us on your next steps, including accommodation preparation and COVID-19 precautions.
We are here for you every step of the way! It’s a great idea to go a week early to try the public transport and eat some escargot.
With countless reasons to teach abroad in France, the competitive salary only reinforces your desire to move there! Earn anywhere from €1,200 – €1,400 per month, depending on whether you teach adults in addition to children. This salary is more than enough to cover your basic needs (rent, bills, etc) and a few trips along the way!
So what are you waiting for?! Get in touch with a representative today and start the process to launch your exciting life abroad in France!